Yellowstone Valley Council #318
Billings, Montana

Editors:

Special thanks to J. Michael Clinch, Ph. D. for the lodge history and name information.

Lodge Details

Chartered
1948
Name Change: 1964 to Amangi Mos

Lodge Details

Lodge Totem/Insignia Grizzly Bear

Name Translation Great Bear Info

Membership 133 (1955)
Number Inducted: 27; Active Members: 133; Active Ordeal: 116; Active Brotherhood: 17; Active Vigil: 0

Recent Updates

Recent Additions

Lodge History

Nitapokaiyo Lodge (390A) was chartered in the Yellowstone Valley Council (318C) in 1948. Its totem was the “great bear”, and the name of the lodge was a misspelling of that name in the Siksika Blackfeet language. The name was pronounced “nit-ah-ka-pie-oh”. Fifty-eight lodge members were inducted between 1948 and 1950, prior to the time that the lodge record cards were first compiled. Few or no Arrowmen sealed their membership in Brotherhood prior to 1954, and the lodge apparently failed to recharter following 1958, holding no lodge conclaves between 1958 and 1964, when it rechartered as Amangi Mos Lodge 390. Nitapokaiyo Lodge was originally organized into three chapters, Eastern (Miles City), Central (Billings), and Western (Bozeman).